Distance Learning Teacher-Leader Courses in Writing
For decades, TCRWP’s teacher-leader courses have brought together potential teacher-leaders from schools across the metropolitan area. Now, we are thrilled to announce that teachers from schools around the country will also be able to participate in these courses through distance learning. Signing up means joining a study group comprised of teachers from TCRWP schools across the world who teach the same grade.
Each grade-specific course will convene for five 75 minute sessions at crucial times throughout the year to provide participants the support to conduct state-of-the-art work in upcoming writing units of study.
The Project’s senior staff developers will work shoulder to shoulder with participants to think across the units of study in writing, help students transfer their skills and strategies from one unit to the next, and reflect together on teaching.
Please note - TCRWP Distance Learning Courses are currently available both to schools that receive our on-site staff development and to schools on our wait list.
To encourage collaboration, we ask that participants sign up in grade-level pairs, with at least one person of each pair being highly experienced. All participating teachers will be expected to have the Units of Study in Opinion, Information, and Narrative Writing books.
- Inside access to the Project’s latest research and thinking on units of study in writing
- Expert guidance in student work analysis
- Hands-on use of the Units of Study books
- Curated viewing of TCRWP videos
- Ongoing work with assessment tools
- Discussion and feedback with senior staff developers and fellow teacher-leaders
- Tips, words to the wise, suggestions and last minute advice about upcoming units
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for a current quote.